Monday 6 December 2010

Lindsay Monk - Photographer


Lindsay Monk is a recent graduate from Southampton Solent University although her interest in photography started when she was 16 years old. In her own words: “When it comes to photography I am very keen on capturing the natural moment so I tend to stay away from constructed studio work. My main interests are in landscape and architecture. I think this has come from living in Suffolk where I had a variety of interesting environments around me including seascapes, farmland and cityscapes.” Lindsay particularly enjoys working with film but digital is also part of her portfolio.“More recently I have attempted to get out of my comfort zone, focusing on an interior project, called 15.4.10. For this project I worked with a variety of different locations until I found one that I really engaged with. This resulted in working in the home of an elderly woman, who I had not previously met. I identified the kind of person and lifestyle she had by capturing the home in which she lived, digitally capturing various rooms of the house and input her belongings to get a sense of it in its natural state.”

See the results of Lindsay’s piece on
www.artgrad.net

No comments:

Post a Comment