Monday 22 November 2010

Sonnita Soand – Passionate about Colour!!!


Sonnita Soand is a recent graduate from Loughborough University in Multimedia Textiles.

She is inspired by many things in her environment particularly with unusual shapes and textures. However, her main focus in all her work is a vibrant and exciting use of colour.

Sonnita explains: “Themes I have currently been influenced by include Indian food and the structure of bird feathers.

My recent project was based on under water coral; I loved the fine detail and exciting, rich textures of them. My research consisted of photography and fine detailed drawing which I have become passionate about. From here, I developed my research further through a variety of materials and techniques; laser cut acrylic mirror, cut work, hand and machine embroidery, cording along with fabric manipulation. The fabrics I have worked with include silk organza, cotton organdie, hand made paper, acrylic paints, pvc, and many more. I am passionate about creative Textiles and love creating new colourful pieces that catch the eye. The combination of silk organza and acrylic mirror has become a key feature of work I do now and I am constantly thinking of new themes to work with.”
Sonnita’s beautiful work can be seen on
www.artgrad.net

She is now available for freelance work and commission that are related to interiors, jewellery or fashion. She is also producing her own range of jewellery using acrylic mirror and regular coloured acrylic sheets which are ideal as a contemporary fashion piece.
“Colour is something I am deeply passionate about; I can never work without it!”

No comments:

Post a Comment