Thursday 23 December 2010

Slovakian Photographer in Staffordshire - Tomas Kotlar


Tomas Kotlar is originally from Slovakia where he is a graduate of Social Work from Constantine the Philosopher University in Nitra. He is now studying Graphic and Digital Design at Staffordshire University.
“When I was studying in Slovakia, I was interested in photography and graphics. Most of my photos were taken on trips to different places, around Europe. I like to take pictures of monuments, bustling cities, statues and landscape. I am inspired by Czech photographer Jan Saudek and the Slovakian photographer Jakub Klimo. I want my photographs to bring people the kind of feelings that I felt when I was taking them so that they may see things in different ways, as I do. I have been taking photographs for 5 years and although they get better, there is always room to experiment and improve. Whenever I have a camera in my hand it still feels like the first time I have taken a picture.”Tomas is focusing his studies on typography and editorial pieces at Stafford University, but continues with his passion for photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment